06 Apr Argosy University Online Programs
If you like to explore the way things work or have always had an interest in science, an online degree in this field could pave the way to a new, rewarding career. Perhaps you are contemplating a career change, or you want a starting point that will propel you into a more concentrated division of science. Explore the numerous possibilities that a science education has in store for you.
Argosy University Accreditation
Argosy University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association (NCA), and is thereby eligible to participate in US Department of Education Title IV Student Loan Programs.
Science offers a wide spectrum of concentrations, and there are many online degrees that will help propel you toward a new and exciting future in science. Here are some types of science that you may want to consider:
- Biological Sciences (biology, botany, ecology, physiology)
- Physical Sciences (astronomy, chemistry, physics, earth science)
- Social Sciences (anthropology, psychology, and sociology)
Once you have chosen your career path, you can start to narrow down your educational course. Some online degrees you may want to consider include:
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Certificate in Geographic Information Science
- Bachelor in Aviation Management
- Bachelor in Professional Aviation
- Bachelor of General Studies in Aviation
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health
- Master of Aeronautical Science
- Master of Business Administration in Aviation
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Biotechnology Studies
- Master of Science in Geographic Information Science
- Master of Science in Physics
Qualities and Skills
No, you don’t have to wear a white lab coat or walk around with beakers while dreaming up new formulas that may or may not blow up in smoke. You should, however, have an acute desire to research, test, and re-test hypotheses; effectively communicate your observations both in writing and verbally; and collaborate with colleagues in your field of study. Scientists often perform research that requires an exceptional ability to apply mathematical formulas. Analytical thinking, patience, and perseverance are also qualities that help in this line of work.
So you think you want to be a scientist? Or maybe you still aren’t sure simply because you don’t know what you can do with a science degree. Check out the following careers for tips on what you can do with your degree:
- Artificial Intelligence Expert
- Chemical Engineer
- Forest Ranger
- Marine Biologist
Your salary will greatly depend on what type of science you choose to study. The average salary for all types of biological scientists are generally higher than those of social scientists. To get a more accurate idea of what you can expect to be paid with a degree in science, do some research on the science specialization you think you will pursue.